AlphaGraphics 2017 Award Categories and Criteria
All AlphaGraphics Franchisees in the global Network (and their employees when appropriate) are eligible to win the following awards by meeting the stated criteria below. Award winners will be recognized in the Conference award book. Additional recognition for many of the awards will take place at Conference.
Please see below for submission and voting information for the awards. All submissions for each of the new awards are due by May 1, 2017.
Awards Self-Nomination Form: Our desire is to recognize all the achievements in our Network. Please help us make sure our information is accurate and complete by entering your information below.
Best agOnline Web-to- Print Storefront
We are looking for unique and effective storefronts built using the new XMPie-based agOnline platform. Whether you have highly-customized sites, or simple storefronts that make excellent use of the out-of- the box functionality, we want to see your best. Sites must have been created from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017. All submissions are due by May 1, 2017.
Submissions will be graded on:
- Site branding (skinning) -- can be AlphaGraphics branded, or custom-branded for a customer
- Overall product mix
- Individual products that make good use of the dynamic functionality -- show us your very best business card, or direct mailer, or banner, etc.
- Well-organized product groups and user groups -- how easy is it for customers to navigate the site?
- Site must be active and in-use by the customer
Best Customer Marketing Campaign
We are looking for the best multi-channel marketing campaign for a customer that was sold and implemented between April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017. All submissions are due by May 1, 2017.
The following information must be submitted:
- Customer name, industry and size
- Specific campaign objectives
- Length of the campaign – start and end dates
- Number of prospects
- Detailed campaign elements including samples or pictures of each element
- Method of delivery / platform used for elements of the campaign
- Performance Metrics:
- # of Leads Converted to Revenue
- Total Campaign Cost
- Total Cost Per Lead
Submissions will be graded on:
- Successful execution of campaign objectives
- Channels used in the campaign
- Creative elements
- Overall success, metrics and end result from the campaign
Best agSigns Solution
The best agSigns solution award recognizes the Center that sold and managed the most impactful agSigns project from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017. Examples include, but are not limited to, re-branding projects, mixed media projects, vehicle graphics, project banners, murals, exhibit graphics, freestanding signs, building signs, dimensional lettering, and anything that stands out. Please submit a description and pictures of the project for consideration. All submissions are due by May 1, 2017.
Submissions must include:
- A complete description of the sign project & photos of the project, if possible.
- Explain the original concept and idea from the customer including details on what the customer was looking for.
- Specify brand names for software, hardware, media, substrate, and equipment used to design, fabricate and install the graphics.
- Details on the solution the project provided for the customer and how the end result filled the customers original needs.
- The project elements, tools or techniques, if any, were new to the Center.
- The project cost for the customer.
Judging will be based on:
- Craftsmanship (use of quality/unique materials and methods)
- Complexity (challenges faced in designing, fabricating and installing the graphics)
- Artistic merit (aesthetic appeal of design and layout)
Community Impact Award
The Community Impact award recognizes the Franchisee, Center or Center team member who made the most significant contributions to their community through their time, actions, talents and dedication from April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017. The honoree selected should serve as a role model for compassion, and service and be striving to make the world a better place. He/ she should have a passion for helping others in his/ her community. Community involvement includes active participation in charitable organizations, sponsorships, donation of time or participation in charitable activities. This is a self- nominating award. All submissions are due by May 1, 2017.
Submissions must include:
- Details on all community involvement including name of the organization(s) and details on how you and / or your Center were involved in impacting the community
- Overall outcome of the event or activity
- Length and degree of service(s)
- Any awards or recognition received as part of the involvement
Judging will be based on:
- The degree to which their services/ actions have made a lasting or meaningful contribution or impact on their community
- The length and degree of their service(s)
- The extent to which their service or action might be considered above and beyond the call of duty
- The extent to which their action would be recognized and valued by their peers/community leaders
Project of the Year
The Project of the Year award recognizes the most successful large-in- scope, multi-part project from a Center completed between April 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017. The project can involve any part of the business including but not limited to digital and offset print, marketing solutions, agOnline, agSigns, etc. All submissions are due by May 1, 2017.
- Must be a multi-part project – not just a single product
- Projects could include but are not limited to rebranding packages, trade show booth & accompanying materials, multi-phase sign solution, multi-channel marketing campaign and agOnline solutions.
Submissions must include:
- Customer name & company description, new or existing customer
- Describe the background of the project and how the need for it arose, including specific needs or problems identified by the customer
- Describe the solution that was delivered to customer including timeframe, any new innovations used, full scope of project and specific job elements.
- What project elements, tools or techniques, if any, were new to the Center?
- Was the job delivered on time and on budget? If not, please provide explanation for reason why (a “no” will not negatively impact judging as project scope and customer demands can often change).
- Describe the results and the benefits for the customer/end user. Why was the project deemed a success? Provide any metrics or data available.
- Provide photos, digital files or physical samples of all elements of the project
- Business generated from the project – What was the project cost for the customer? Is there additional work that came as a result of the project? If so, please explain.
Judging will be based on:
- Innovation and effectiveness of solution based on customer need
- Scope of project & quality of production
- Number of elements included in project
- Final results of project
- Business generated from project
The "Best of the Best" of global AlphaGraphics Centers based on operational performance. All winners must meet all of the criteria listed below. Up to three winners will be selected - one from each of the following groups: Gold Circle, Silver Circle and Centers under $1 Million in Sales
- Sales increase of 10% or greater for calendar year 2016
- Gross Margin greater than or equal to 72% for the 2016 calendar year
- Labor less than or equal to 28% for the 2016 calendar year
- Net Owners Compensation greater than 15% for the 2016 calendar year
- Consideration given to the overall contribution to the Network
- Compliant with AGI and system standards
The Franny is the highest and most coveted award in the AlphaGraphics system. The Franchisee of the Year is a “leader in advocacy, in achieving high sales, and is an active member of the community.” This is the best-run AlphaGraphics Center in the global Network in all areas, as well as a Center with a proven record of contribution to their peers, the network and their community. The Center(s) must be compliant with AGI and system standards.
- A leader in sales and profitability to set the standard for performance in the AlphaGraphics network.
Advocacy – Being a Brand Ambassador
- This Franchisee is someone who represents the brand in the way the Franchisor considers as ideal. This representation is both within the network and within the community they are a part of. Considerations include customer reviews, customer complaints, leadership within the business, mentoring to other owners and employees, investing in the business, leading the network through their example, involvement in advisory committees, etc.
- Being an active member of the community is critical. An active member is who is actively involved in charity efforts, support non-profit organizations, community efforts, etc. Most important is that the franchisee is not just passively participating but that he/she is actively making a difference. Local recognition for these activities is highly considered in the process.
Gold Circle Alumni
All previous Gold Circle winners, globally, who achieved annual sales of $1,850,380 for a single Center, $276,250 for each additional Center from July 2015 – June 2016.
Million Dollar Sales Club
Recognizing all salespersons worldwide who produced $1,000,000 or more in sales in calendar year 2016. This award can be self-nominating.
- Bronze - $1,000,000 – $1,999,999
- Silver - $2,000,000 – $2,999,999
- Gold - $3,000,000 – $3,999,999
- Platinum - $4,000,000 +
AlphaGraphics Center(s) with the best overall improvement from 2015 to 2016.
- Gross Margins
- Net Owners Compensation
Franchisees who display “role model-like” behavior and by speaking to AG Owners, Center employees or new AlphaGraphics Franchisee candidates and sharing their strengths, expertise and experience.
Best new Franchisee operation(s) in the global system that:
- Has owned the Center / been an AlphaGraphics location for at least 9 months and not more than 24 months
- Has highest month over month sales growth in 2016
- Has high-quality operations
- Compliant with AGI
Recognizes AlphaGraphics Centers, globally, that achieved annual sales of $1,000,000 in the 2016 calendar year for a single Center, $276,250 for each additional center for 2016. This award can be self-nominating.
Top Overall Sales
Recognizing the Franchisee whose annual sales are the highest in the system, whether single or multiple Center locations. This award can be self-nominating.
Top Overall Salesperson
Recognizing the global non-owner salesperson that produced the highest annual sales in the system for the 2016 calendar year.
Top Sales for a Franchisee with a Single Center
Recognizing the Franchisee with the highest annual sales in the system for a single Center location.
Top Ten Franchisee Sales
Recognizing the ten Franchisees who have grown their annual sales volume to the top ten in the system, whether single or multiple locations.
Vendor of the Year
The most outstanding vendor based on service and dependability. Voted on and chosen by the Network.
- 1st Runner up
- 2nd Runner Up
Vital Connection Award
This award goes to top Center employees in the global AlphaGraphics system, as nominated by their Center owners. Franchisees should submit nominations including detailed information on how their employee has exhibited outstanding effort in the following categories:
- - Creating relationships with customers that help grow the business
- - Displaying a positive, collaborative attitude that helps create an exceptional work environment for the entire team
- - Developing and implementing innovative solutions for customers and/or Center processes
- - Making the Center a better place to work by accepting ownership and responsibility for the total success of the Center
Centers, globally, that achieved $100K in sales in one month, July 2016 – December 2016, for the first time ever or for the first time in two years since the Center was purchased by a new owner. This award can be self-nominating.
Centers, globally, that achieved $200K in sales in one month, July 2016 – December 2016, for the first time ever or for the first time in two years since the Center was purchased by a new owner. This award can be self-nominating.
Centers, globally, that achieved $300K in sales in one month, July 2016 – December 2016, for the first time ever or for the first time in two years since the Center was purchased by a new owner. This award can be self-nominating.
Centers, globally, that achieved $400K in sales in one month, July 2016 – December 2016, for the first time ever or for the first time in two years since the Center was purchased by a new owner. This award can be self-nominating.
Centers, globally, that achieved $500K in sales in one month, July 2016 – December 2016, for the first time ever or for the first time in two years since the Center was purchased by a new owner. This award can be self-nominating.
$600K, $700K, $800K or $900K Month
Centers, globally, that achieved $600K, $700K, $800K or $900K in sales in one month, July 2016 – December 2016, for the first time ever or for the first time in two years since the Center was purchased by a new owner. This award can be self-nominating.
$1 Million Month + (additional increments of $1.1M, $1.2M, $1.3M as applicable)
Centers, globally, that achieved $1 million in sales in one month, July 2016 – December 2016 for the first time ever or for the first time in two years since the Center was purchased by a new owner. This award can be self-nominating.